Trango Tower Climbing Expedition
join Great Trango Tower Climbing Expedition regarded as having some of the most demanding, difficult and rewarding big wall climbs in the world.
Towering over Karakorum’s northeast, Trango Tower 6,286 m (20,608 ft) commands attention. The Great Trango Tower features the world’s greatest nearly vertical drop and an ideal peak for mountaineers. After seven days of trekking from valleys to barren, glacier, moraine landscape, you reap the ultimate reward of the trekking. Baltoro and Bradlo valley is devoid of power lines, billboards, highways and coffee shops or cellular networks. The only sounds you hear are natural- wildlife, water.
Trango Towers, impressive and extremely difficult rock towers around the world, hardest to climb, located on the north side of the Baltoro Glacier. They are part of the Baltoro Muztagh, a subrange of the Karakoram range.The Towers offer some of the largest cliffs and most challenging rock climbing in the world. There are two main summits in the central part of the group: Great Trango Tower 6286-M and Nameless Tower 6239-M on the north of the Great Trango .It is a complex combination of steep snow/ice gullies, steeper rock faces, and vertical tooverhanging headwalls, topped by a snowy ridge system. Great Trango Tower was first climbed in 1977 by Galen Rowell, John Roskelly, Kim Schmitzand Dennis Hennek by the easiest route up the western side. The east face of Great Trango is the world's tallest vertical rock face, and was first climbed in 1984 by the Norwegians Hans Christian Doseth and Finn Dahli, who were killed on the descent.
The highest point in the group is the summit of Great Trango Tower at 6286m. All of the Trango Towers lie on a ridge, roughly northwest-southeast, between the Trango glacier on the west and the Dunge glacier on the east. Great Trango itself is a large massif, with four identifiable summits, Main (6286m, South or Southwest 6250m, East 6231m and west 6223m).
Nameless Tower is a very large, sharp, rather symmetrical spire which juts 1000m out of the ridgeline. Trango Nameless Tower was first climbed in 1976 by the British Climber Mr. Joe Brown, along with Mo Anthoine, Malcolm Howells and Martin Boysen.
Trango Group have the following peaks:
1- Kruksum (S)6650-M
2- Kruksum (N)6600-M
3- Trango Ri (II)6515-M
4- Trango Ri (1) 6452-M
5- Kruksum (E) 6300-M
6- Trano Ri (III) 6300-M
7- Trano Ri (IV) 6300-M
8- Great Trango (I) 6286-M
9- Nameless Tower 6239-M
10-Great Trango (II) 6237-M
11-Great Trango (III) 6231-M
With its daunting summit soaring high up above the mountain, trekking to Five Base camps is definitely the adventure for you. The K2, one of the most sought after tourist destination in Pakistan is known for its incandescent beauty with the magnificent peaks. At an altitude of 29, 035 ft, K2 creates the perfect spot for the trekkers with the vast blue sky in the backdrop. Covered by the snow capped mountains and the vast glaciers, K2 Base Camp trek is one of the dream destination for the trekkers. And the best thing about this place is that you will be in the midst of the friendliest people.
For a close encounter with the K2 summit, K2 Base Camp is the best trek for you. In this trek, you will be trekking to an altitude of 17,600 ft ft passing through the quaint villages, grassy paths, steep rocks etc. You will be trekking in the trails of the footsteps of legendary adventurers and mountaineer . Nothing beats the excitement and thrill that holds the travelers on while ascending the K2 and watching it very close.
K2 Base Camp is a double treat for the nature lovers and the photography enthusiast where you can click some of the best shots. It’s time to take up your adventure to a whole new level. Not just treat yourself to this exciting trek but also learn a lot about the people and cultures of this region. Known for its magnificent beauty with the mountain peaks, glacial moraines and valleys, K2 Base Camp is the one place you wouldn’t want to miss this year.
Trango Tower Climbing Expedition Departure Dates
June : 15
July : 20
June : 15
July : 20
June : 15
July : 20
Trango Tower Climbing Expedition Quick Facts:
Maximum Altitude: 8611 m
Difficulty Level: Difficult
Airport: Skardu, Pakistan
Starting and Ending Point: The trek starts and ends at Skardu.
ATM: Skardu Bazaar has the last ATM point.
Best Time to travel to Trango Tower Climbing Expedition
Travelling to these giant base camps has its on-peak and off-peak seasons. For ordinary tourists, the golden season to take a Mt. K2 tour would be in June to October. At these times of the year, the skies are clearer, with very few days where visibility is even slightly limited.
There is very little rain and snow, and daytime temperatures, while not the hottest in the year, are well above freezing, and quite comfortable for trekking and touring the region. Although, you will still need some warm clothes for the nights, which can still get quite cold.
However, tours to K2 can be arranged at any time of year, given an individuals’ unique preference. As long as you are not a professional mountaineer with a particular time frame to summit the mountain, K2 Base Camp welcomes you whenever you come.
Tips for Trango Tower Climbing Expedition
- Bring enough money: There are no ATMs in valleys, so one is advised to carry enough money with them in case of need for an emergency. And even for buy trekking equipments in Skardu. It is one of the best and cheapest place to buy the same.
- Mentally prepare yourself:As this is not an easy trek, you should prepare yourself mentally for the task that is ahead of you. This means, be prepared for extreme weather conditions, All accommodation on the trek to K2 Base Camp is in tents. There are limited options for showers lower down on the trail, if you decide to use them, however, many people keep clean by using baby wipes and a bowl of warm water each day. The toilet situations can be difficult at times, as in the camps they are generally not Western-style toilets, rather just a hole in the ground instead of a toilet bowl.
- What to Carry: Warm clothes, sun glasses, trekking boots, gloves, trekking stick, woolen caps among other trekking equipments you want to carry. However, the most important thing to bring is a good pair of trekking shoes that you have hiked in previously. Skardu is a great place to buy trekking clothes that are both cheap and of decent quality. If you can bring your own sleeping bag otherwise you can rent one for about 3-4 $ a day.
- Prepare for extreme weather: If it’s sunny you might be surprised at how warm it can get during the day. Most trekkers wear t-shirts and shorts for the first few days while the elevation is still low. When the sun sets the temperatures drop quick. Wear a warm hat while sleeping and take a Nalgene bottle filled with hot water and keep it in your sleeping bag to stay warm.
- Stay Hydrated:Make sure to drink plenty of water while on the trek. Do carry extra water bottles with you at all times.
- Altitude Headaches:A headache can be one of the first signs of altitude problems. Do carry suitable medications for the same. Small headaches are common and should not stop you from trekking or worry you. However if it persists or increases, it might be advisable to ascend or even trek down.
- Avoid the Sun:Taking care of your skin and eyes are important. Sunburns happen much quicker at high elevation so make sure to apply sunscreen a few times a day and wear a hat. Sunglasses are a must have and if you wear prescription glasses it’s good to come to Pakistan with a pair of prescription sunglasses or at least clip-ons.
- Dress in Layers: Layering allows you to easily regulate your body temperature and stay comfortable while trekking. It’s even better if your layers have zippers so that you have even more control of your body temperature.
- Bring a camera: This trek is one of the most beautiful Karakorum Treks. So much so, that one would want to stop at every step and take pictures to make memories for life.
- Bring Extra Batteries/Charging Packs:In the cold, your batteries will die much quicker than they do at home. This holds true for basically every kind of electronic you’ll be using from phones to cameras to kindles. While some of the tea houses allow you to charge things, they all charge you for it (some more than others). An easy way to avoid this is to bring spare batteries and a portable charger.
The preparation before trekking to this area should be adequate. Beside some of the few obligatory items like hiking boots, warm clothes, UV sun-block etc, there are a lot of things that you need to carry on your way ahead. A lot of stuff that you might not have considered taking along are mentioned here; these things may seem unnecessary at first but would enhance your trekking experience once you start your trip.
Read more about Essential Trekking Kit
WHAT TO EXPECT
This trek has an activity level of maximum, and is designed for serious hikers who are very fit and have experience hiking or trekking at high elevations. During our 14-day trek, we will hike 4 to 10 hours per day on moderate to steep grades, at elevations ranging from 9,318 feet to a maximum of 18,192 feet. Some days will be rest days with optional hikes to properly acclimatize. Your trip leader will set a suitable pace to minimize risk of altitude issues. Porters and pack animals will transport our gear. This is a strenuous grade trek and need well preparation. Read More about fitness preparation about this trek here.Trekking Fitness
Apart from the Ordinary.
10 Great reasons to choose Vertical Explorers Trips:
1. Beautiful Hotels, Properties, and More
We stay in some of finest properties, and where possible, we offer a choice of hotel and room categories. We carefully select prime locations that offer wonderful views, amenities, and proximity to attractions. In remote locales, we revel in knowing that we are enjoying the best accommodations available.
2. The Best Travel Experts
Our legendary Travel Experts carefully watch over the smallest details to ensure that you have a wonderful time. They also draw upon years of established V E relationships to ensure that your journey is seamlessly enjoyable and memorable.
3. Epicurean Choices Abound
We believe travel is made better by experiencing culture you can taste. Our Dine-Around program provides you with the freedom to choose renowned restaurant, an inviting neighborhood eatery, or room service at your hotel its all included.(Subject to Package)
4. Small Group Advantages
Limited to just 10 guests averaging around 7-8 our small group size sets the highest standard in personal service. Our journeys remain intimate and create camaraderie, yet allow for independence, flexibility and discovery. Along the way, we re granted access to exclusive events and stay in one-of-a-kind accommodations not available to larger groups.
5. Experts Offer In-Depth Enrichment
Expert local guides to share their experiences and insights about the cultures and places you explore.
6. The Best Wonders
We visit nook and corner of the country. We travel on aircraft, jeep, horse and legendary trains, Whatever your choice, we likely have something to fit your sense of adventure.
7. Responsible Eco Tourism Policy
Vertical Explorers is committed to adopting a responsible attitude to the areas we visit. We are guests of the communities visited and with some thought and care we can ensure that everyone benefits from the experience. We have developed a Responsible Tourism policy which aims to ensure that V E and its clients act in a way that is socially, environmentally and culturally sound. All areas of our operations are planned with responsible tourism in mind, and we require our business partners to support this vision.
8. Unforgettable Moments
Part of what makes a Vertical Explorers trips so special are the surprises and delights along the way. Unexpected doors open and lead to the kind of authentic cultural experiences that make unforgettable memories.
9. Guaranteed Departure Dates
Plan with confidence knowing that once your deposit is accepted, your departure date is confirmed. Our journey dates are timed to take advantage of local flavors, special events, natural occurrences or simply the best weather.
10. It’s All – Not about the Money
Our prices are competitive and good value, and we offer quality, service, security and an ethical stance on tourism. We don’t want to be so expensive to run fewer trips and have our staff idle, but on the other hand we believe that running cheap trips that promote the practice of skimming budgets would result in the porters getting next to nothing, which is something we cannot consider. Additionally we plan treks with sufficient rest days and with achievable daily altitude increases which gives good time to acclimatise. Reducing the number of days may make the price cheaper but the chances of successfully completing the trek also greatly reduce.
Besides the finest accommodations, all meals and sightseeing your escorted Journey includes:
� A professional travel Expert, dedicated and attentive to your needs throughout your journey
� Small group size that allows for personal enrichment, exclusive access and flexibility
� Our unique Dine-Around program
� Unique experiences that allow for a real cultural understanding
� Expert local guides, such as archaeologists and professional naturalists
� All the extra comforts that make sightseeing a personal experience, like a guaranteed window seat and complimentary refreshments along the way
� Itinerary can be customized build your exact dream trip. Customize My Itinerary
� Leaves any day you desire. Lengthen or shorten trip, if you like.
� Best itinerary in terms of acclimatization, enjoyment and safety with options of extensions.
� Lowest Price and best value for money –Save 40-50 % vs. comparable tours of this same quality.
� Group Discounts Available. [ Details ]